Skip to content
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 pt good-quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 fl oz Cognac brandy
- 3 fl oz Molly's Crafted Summer Crop
To make brown butter:
- Begin to melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle dry milk powder over the butter and whisk to break up any clumps that form.
- Continue to cook for a few minutes, whisking as the milk solids color. Once they are lightly browned, remove the pot from the heat.
- Pour brown butter through a fine sieve or cheesecloth to separate the solids. Set aside the solids to use and reserve the clarified brown butter for another use.
To make the shake:
- Let the ice cream soften on the counter for 5-10 minutes before dumping it in the bowl of a blender or large food processor.
- Add the brown butter solids, brandy and Summer Crop mix to the ice cream. Blend just until combined, making sure there are no big lumps of ice cream.
- Pour into a glass, garnish and serve immediately.