This is perfect for fall and is really simple and cheap too! It only takes about half an hour start to finish and the end result is a balance between sweet and tang, soft and crunchy.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 2
- Category: Dinner
- 3 small sweet potatoes (about 1 lb)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 c chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. water
- 1/4 c bleu cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Peel and chop your sweet potatoes into evenly-sized chunks. Transfer them to a baking sheet and drizzle the oil over. Toss with your hands to coat all sides.
- Roast for about 25 minutes. 30 for crispier edges.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. After a few minutes you will see the milk solids browning and it will smell nutty.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in the pecans and brown sugar and sauté for 5 minutes or so, then remove the pecans with a spoon.
- Add the water to the butter and sugar mixture to help the brown sugar dissolve to form a rich butter sauce. It will splatter and sizzle a little at first so do this carefully.
- Stir this together and remove from heat. Combine the pecans and sweet potatoes in a bowl, pour over the butter sauce and add the crumbled bleu cheese.